The Bench, The Art, The Wine
Hopewell Valley Vineyards
46 Yard Road, Pennington, NJ 08534, USA
This event has already passed by. Sorry.
Event DescriptionThe Bench, The Art, The Wine ... a Sunday Afternoon at the vineyards, at the movies, and among the artwork for a nominal expenditure.
This four hour exclusive event is hosted by Hopewell Valley Vineyards and offers personal interactive artist meetings, light music, wine tastings, homemade brick oven pizza, delectable desserts, a feature independent film, and a Q&A session with members of the cast, and crew.Agenda of the Day
The "Couples Bench" $69.50 package includes two movie passes, one bottle of wine (preset choices), one cheese and crackers platter, one brick oven pizza (preset choices), dessert for two, gratuity, and all ticket transaction fees. NJ Sales tax is applied in addition. (Saves about $12 compared to al la carte ticket for the same items purchased individually!)
The al la cate ticket price of $13 per person does not include any food or wine.
- 12:45pm Arrivals and will call ticket pickup begins.
- 1:00pm Doors open for social wine & cheese with light music.
- 1:45pm Opening introduction with short films, artist intros, and artist Q&A.
- 2:20pm Ten minute intermission.
- 2:30pm Feature film presentation "The Bench."
- 4:06pm Dessert Q&A with the writer Christopher Michael Jones, Producer Jeff Stewart, Director Lawrence R. Greenberg, and, pending announcement, additional members of the cast and crew.
- 4:45pm Reception room reopens to general public for evening entertainment. All are welcome to stay!
On this bench, seventeen people come to sit. Their stories are told in eight different chapters, by eight different filmmakers. Socially relevant topics are explored, such as prejudgment, homophobia, and persecution. Stories told of love lost, love found, love redeemed, love remembered, and even perhaps a second chance at love... One Day. One Park. One Bench.
Eric M. Saperstein of Artisans of the Valley is offering his latest works in wood turning. www.artisansturnings.com
Thomas Whistance of Whistance Wood Art is showing off his latest creations on the lathe. www.whistancewoodart.com
Artists Rory Mahon & Jamaila Hernandez will be bringing their portfolios to the exhibition floor.
Our hosts, Sergio and Violetta Neri enjoy the lifestyle of winemakers and patrons of the arts; they are eager to share the experience with those who travel the Delaware River Valley Wine Trail. Their award winning vintages age in their cellars alongside their home, vineyard, and tasting hall. Enjoy an afternoon, stroll through the grape vines in the crisp autumn air, then warm up next to the brick oven, with a glass of wine, while absorbing the smell of baking flat bread.